What are Traineeships?
A traineeship is an education and training programme with work experience that is focused on giving young people the skills and experience that employers are looking for.
Traineeships last anything up to a maximum of six months depending on the needs of the individual and include:
- A meaningful, high quality, work experience placement of at least 100 hours with an employer, to provide real insight and experience
- Work preparation training delivered by the Academy including CV writing, interview preparation, interpersonal skills with practical sessions available.
- English and maths support delivered by the Academy to improve young peoples’ literacy and numeracy skills if required.
- The trainee will be assigned a mentor from the Academy who will make regular visits to the trainee to oversee progress
In addition to these basic elements, we can help build and add additional content to meet the needs of your business.
All training costs are met by the government.
A Traineeship is built on
- A work experience placement
- Functional Skills in maths & English
- Work preparation including CV building, interview preparation and personal skills
To be eligible
- You must be 16-24 years old
- Either have GCSE's below grade C in English and maths or do not have any prior work experience and are not in any form of employment*
- If you are between 19-24 and has Functional Skills Level 1, you may be eligible for a Traineeship with Functional Skills Level 2.
*If you are in employment it must be 16 hours or less per week for you to be eligible for funding.
How does it work?
S&B AA will help you to find a work experience placement with an employer and will be checked to ensure the employer complies with Health & Safety and has in place valid insurance. You will attend S&B Automotive Academy on day release (twice a week) to gain Functional Skills Level 1 (potentially leading to Level 2) in English and maths.